Jewelry Care Tips
We hope you enjoy your jewelry and please take good care of them by following our recommended jewelry care tips below:
- Always remove your rings and fine jewelry before using any product that contains bleach.
- Never use toothpaste or other abrasives to clean metal or stones.
- Do not wear jewelry during bath, shower or hair washing.
- Store each piece of jewelry separately to prevent rubbing.
- Put jewelry on last, after usage of hairsprays, lotions, make-up, etc.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place. Do not store jewelry in the bathroom.
How To Take Care of Oxidized Silver Jewelry
We use liver-of-sulfur as the oxidized solution. During the oxidization process, silver is oxidized causing a darkening of the jewelry surface. The oxidation process is essentially a chemical reaction. It creates a thin oxidation layer at the surface of the ring. Since it is a chemical reaction, the oxidized layer can be very sensitive when interacting with other “chemicals” such as bleach, nail polish, lotion, makeup material, or many other things. With proper care to follow the jewelry care tips described above, the oxidation on the rings will last for a pretty long time.
Due to natural wear and fading over time, each piece of oxidized jewelry will develop it’s own unique character and makes it truly one-of-a-kind. Note that the oxidation comes off quickly if it’s frequently washed with soap, or in contact with other “chemicals” such as bleach, nail polish, lotion, makeup material, etc.
The oxidized finish can also be restored after some time which can be accomplished with a simple and safe sulfur bath. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on the touch-up process.